*Posted Date:* Sep 9, 2019
* We have an opening for a *SOUS CHEF II* position.
* *Location*: Las Guasimas Ind Park carr #3 131.2 Arroyo, PR 00714 /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: Full-Time; Monday- Friday and random weekends with rotating schedules.
* *Requirement*: Previous food service, cooking management experience and ServSafe Certification preferred.
*We are excited to announce the launch of our new pre-recorded video interviewing technology to fast track your career with our award-winning organization! When you submit a job application, you will be invited to participate in a short video introduction. Click here to get a sneak peek preview!*
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Eurest is recognized worldwide for standards of service and excellence within the foodservice industry. Embracing an ownership mindset, Eurest leverages global resources, promotes a local presence and enriches the communities we serve. The Eurest Promise, connect with people, inspire through food, create solutions, and live our promise, is exemplified throughout our organization. Eurest is proud to serve the worlds most respected successful corporations, including many of the Fortune 500.
*Full time associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits such as:*
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* Discount Marketplace
* And other voluntary benefits
*Summary:* As a Sous Chef II, you are responsible for assisting with the overall success of the food program and overseeing culinary functions. The position entails assisting in all phases of planning, ordering, inventory, and food preparation. This includes adhering to the clients culture and guidelines, the Health Departments regulations, and the companys standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. The Sous Chef II also motivates, trains, develops, and directs the back of house associates preparing and cooking foods to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers, clients, and management.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Assists in coordinating and participating in the preparation and cooking of various food items.
* Assists with planning and creating menus.
* Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing and culinary team.
* Assists with managing cost controls and controlling expenditure.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* 5 years of related culinary experience including 1 year at the supervisory or lead level.
* Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
* Knowledge of food and industry trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, safety, food cost controls, and presentation.
* Ability to set up and distribute production sheets.
* Supervisory, leadership, training, management, and coaching skills.
* ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
* Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products including Excel.
* Associates degree in Culinary Arts is preferred.
*About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 317412
Associated topics: commercial, commercial kitchen, corporate, culinary school, deli chef, executive, head chef, restaurant chef, service, sushi chef
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...